Free School Meals
The school dinners at Breckland School are prepared daily with fresh ingredients sourced locally, where possible. Our caterers, Vertas, ensure that all of our meals are healthy, enticing and provide a wide range of options suitable for all requirements.
Your child may be able to eat ‘on the house’! You could be saving £11.50 per week. That’s £437 over the school year and £2,185 over 5 years!!! Don’t miss out. If you are entitled to free school meals apply now!
At Breckland School, we are committed to working with students and their families to ensure that they are fully supported in their learning. We recognise that this extends beyond the classroom and we want to make sure that the health, wellbeing and opportunities for learning for all of our students is the best that it can be. One of the ways that we can do this is to make sure that everyone who is eligible for free school meals completes an application, whether they wish to eat ‘on the house’ or not. You can apply for free school meals online from the Suffolk County Council Website, if you go to Apply for free school meals. If you do not have access to a suitable device to complete an online form please contact the office for support.
Your child will get free school meals if you receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income based Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
To check if your child is eligible, apply online for an immediate response or call 01473 260989
If your child is eligible for and has been registered to receive free school meals between 1 April 2018 and the end of the roll out of Universal Credits (currently expected to be March 2023), they will remain eligible until they finish the phase of schooling (primary or secondary) they are in at the end of Universal Credits roll out. This is regardless of any change to your circumstances.