Breckland School is a school for children aged between 11 and 16 and is located in the small market town of Brandon in West Suffolk, very close to the Norfolk Border. The historic market town of Brandon is located in the heart of Breckland, surrounded by acres of forest, which is renowned as an area of outstanding natural beauty. Thetford Forest is the largest lowland pine forest in Britain and hosts a rich variety of animal and plant life as well as providing a wide range of recreation facilities.
Breckland School is run by Sabres Educational Trust. At present there are approximately 550 students on roll; this number is likely to rise to 600 by September 2022.
We offer a stimulating curriculum, supported by a wide range of enrichment opportunities, including an annual ski trip, an international trip to Poland and a multitude of trips to local and national places of interest, including The Globe Theatre and national sporting venues such as Wimbledon. We also provide an extensive range of extra-curricular clubs and activities.
Our principle aim is to prepare the children for next stage of their lives. To achieve this, we employ the following principles:
- Allow all students to access a broad and balanced range of subjects
- Provide a tailored learning experience, meeting the individual needs of all students
- Ensure teaching deepens subject knowledge and skills
- Raise students’ aspirations of their own potential
- Enable students to develop knowledge and skills essential for their adult life
- Promote an enjoyment of learning and a desire to achieve well
- Develop confident, responsible individuals able to make a positive contribution to society
- Provide a diverse range of enrichment opportunities
- Ensure students know how to keep themselves safe and healthy
- Ensure students receive high quality careers information and guidance to make the transition from school to post-16
Please call 01842 819501 or Contact Us if you would like to receive a Prospectus by mail.