Local Governance at Unity Schools Partnership
The UnitySP Trust Board, through the Articles of Association, has committed to Local Governing Bodies to work in partnership with the Executive and Leadership Teams to fulfil the three core responsibilities of Governance.
- Holding the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its students;
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
We have married these to our Governance Charter and our Scheme of Delegation. These documents, together with the USP Handbook for Local Governance, clearly set out the role and responsibilities of our Local Governing Bodies (LGBs). You can access these documents from the links below or directly from the Unity Schools Partnership website.
Our Governing Body
In the interests of transparency, we must publish up-to-date details of our governance arrangements. We will be adding the following information shortly.
- the structure and the full name of the chair,
- for each governor who has served at any point over the last audited year, their full names, date of appointment, date they stepped down (where applicable), and relevant business and pecuniary interests,
- attendance records at governing body meetings over the last academic year.
Information about our Governing Body is also available from the Government Website Get Information About Schools.
If you would like to contact the Chair of Governors you can write to the Chair of Governors, Breckland School, Crown Street, Brandon, Suffolk IP27 0PE. Alternatively you can call the school or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unity Schools Partnership
We are proud to be part of the Unity Schools Partnership.
The Unity Schools Partnership is a partnership of schools located on the Suffolk, Essex and Cambridgeshire borders. We share the same values, face similar issues and are geographically close enough to support and challenge each other.
Unity Schools Partnership is a charitable company limited by guarantee and registered in England and Wales with company number 07400386.
The registered office is at Unity Schools Partnership, Park Road, Haverhill, Suffolk, CB9 7YD.
For funding agreements, articles, accounts, and other detailed governance arrangements please click on the link below.